I do love a good linky party, so I’m very happy to be linking up with Kacey from Doodle Bugs Teaching for my first Five for Friday!
1. I’m still very much in vacation withdrawal… though the trip up was long (10 hours, y’all — it usually only takes 6!), I so enjoyed my time with our NY family. It was awesome to be able to be there to celebrate our incredible nephew’s graduation and bon voyage to college, and to be able to introduce him to his godson Henry. I miss everyone so much already!
2. The pile of lamination grows. And grows. Will I ever be finished cutting it? Le sigh.
3. I’m starting to get incredibly nervous about leaving this little guy each day. I’m nursing this time around, which has created a whole host of concerns and conundrums I never had with my first, William. I’m working around the logistics of being a nursing working Mom, pumping, etc. But most of all — I’m trying to figure out how I’ll not be a weepy mess the first week of leaving him! I stayed home with William until he was 11 months old, so this is a new one for me.
4. Yesterday was the first time our new second grade team met to plan — and boy was it awesome! I’m so happy to be joined by two fabulous ladies this year, and know that we’ll create an incredible year for our kiddos. To celebrate our new team, I made each of them (and myself) a back-to-school planning binder, complete with dividers and note pages for everything I could think of.
5. And speaking of that Back-to-School Planning Binder… how would you like to have one? I decided to start creating exclusive Facebook fan freebies, and finally figured out how to set it all up. To celebrate, I’m posting this 100 page freebie for you to enjoy! Just come on over to my Facebook page, select the “Fan Freebies!” tab, and like my page.
When I went back to school after having my son, I made sure to have several pictures to put on my desk. Now, I have an awesome digital photo frame.
I love the bright colors on your thermometers. Do you remember where you got that?
Sarah Plum says
I'm definitely going to utilizing a digital photo frame; I need to see my boys on a daily basis!
The thermometers are actually a part of my Marvelous Math Meeting pack (which I haven't posted about here yet); it's on TPT. 🙂
Thanks- I love all things super colorful for my room! Good luck starting back!!
Darnee L.W. says
Love the idea of giving your team planning binders. I would love to do the same, but alas we have 8 teachers on our team & each lady is particular about their planning stuff 😉 On girlfriend's day Aug 1st I gave them chocolate, which made everyone happy!
Tales From Two 2nd Grade Classrooms
Kelly - Sliding Into Second Grade says
Everything looks great! I'm so jealous you're back to your classroom…once I see other teachers working in their rooms and setting up it makes me feel behind! 🙂