- I really regret not taking more pictures of my first class ever last year, so I’m planning on using That’s So Second Grade’s “Snapshots of Our Year” Classroom Timeline to create a designated spot for me to fill with classroom memories. I’m going to encourage my students to use our classroom iPad cameras, too!
- I always love planner-shopping. You’d think I’d have an Erin Condren planner by now with my level of planner-obsession, but I actually like a planner without many bells & whistles. I found one I loved at Walmart that actually has Wizard of Oz-like poppies on it!
- I use both the school laminator and my own personal laminators. Yes, I have two. One for my classroom at school (you know, for when I have to laminate something that very second) and one for home. I found generic laminating sheets that I love and work really well on Amazon (these, if you’re interested) and can buy a box of 100 for under $10 (monitor the price!).
- arrange the room + desks
- put up the fabric + borders for my three bulletin boards
- begin the process of going through materials + arrange them
|It looks much better in person.
And I’m sure it’d look better if I weren’t using a camera phone two seconds before they set the alarm!
|A close-up of the (ugh, crooked) fabric and trim!
Your eyes aren’t seeing things. Those are lollipop numbers wrapped in cellophane and tied with a ribbon. Yes. I went there.
I’ll be back tomorrow night to share the first progress pictures of my classroom — I’m spending the whole day there tomorrow cleaning it out and arranging it (once or twice or five times) before I start decorating. Wish me luck… and not clumsiness!
Another project off my “to-do” list! I’m steadily making some progress, which is good, because I have less than a month to go!